What: The Pennsylvania Rock Show is a online radio show/podcast/FM program that features a studio guest and is full of songs from the best unsigned bands Pennsylvania has to offer. It airs the first Sunday of every month on Megarock Radio on both their internet radio and FM station in St. Louis. The show is DJ’ed by Bill Domiano of the Alle-Kiski Music Scene. The show includes a segment called “Get Outta Town” (Sponsored byTotal Music & Entertainment), that plays 3 songs from bands outside of PA, which has proved the show’s popularity, as bands from all over the world are submitting material and coming to town to be interviewed. Bill makes every effort possible to ensure every band is heard and feels right at home when they come to visit. Another segment is the AK Music Scene Concert Calendar brought to you by Entertainment. The show and past podcasts can be heard 24/7 on our website! The Pennsylvania Rock Show creates an avenue for worldwide exposure for which otherwise bands would not have any outlets other than a local bar or party. Don’t take our word for it, check out the newspapers and testimonials.
- The Pennsylvania Rock Show releases a new show the first Friday of every month at 8pm EST.
- The full radio show version airs on MegaRockRadio.net & KFGD 107.1 FM St. Louis PARS the first Sunday of each month at 10:00am EST
- The full radio show can also be heard 24/7 on our website by pressing play on our media player at the bottom of the website.
The PA Rock Show is
The PA Rock Show is an explosive source of information pertaining to local bands! Bill is on top of his game when it comes to getting local talent heard. Streaming music, live interviews, plugging shows, and what a huge heart! When I was interviewed, the conversations never got boring. There was much laughing going on. I appreciate the effort that you put into this amazing thing you created and I know I’m not the only one who does.
Long Live the PARS!
As an artist, I’m always looking for new outlets and ways to get my band heard. As a musician living in Southwestern Pennsylvania, there isn’t much left when it comes to the music scene. Thankfully, something like the PARS exists. Not only can I get my recordings heard, but they also allow me to book time in the studio and play acoustic live on the air! More of these kinds of things need to exist. Long Live the PARS!!
Can’t say enough good things!
I learned about The PA Rock Show through a friend who had recently been interviewed on the show. I ended up being interviewed for my company, since I also help Pittsburgh Music. It was the first time I had ever been interviewed and Bill made it a great experience. I found out just how popular the podcasts were soon after my interview aired. Many artists reached out to me with messages saying they had heard me on the podcast. I now write for AK Music Scene and it’s such a great thing to be part of such an established company that gets the music scene to it’s fans!
It has been great platform
My band Divine Tragedy has had the privilege of being on the PA rock show twice now. Both times have been a great experience for the band, as well as me personally. The show focuses on not only covering a wide area of the PA local scene, but also the wide variety of genres of the music that makes it up as well. It has been great platform from helping us promote our previous album as well as our new upcoming release by exposing us to people who might not have heard or found out about us elsewhere. I recommend to any local band to do the show if they have the chance. Bill’s knowledge of the local music scene as well as the laid back and sometimes comedic atmosphere of the show makes for great questions and interviews. Another great aspect of the show is that listeners can submit their own questions for Bill to ask the bands. I feel this gives the bands and the audience a chance to interact on a more real and personal level as well as opening up the interview to any kind of wild or funny questions, not just textbook ones that every band has been asked before.
find more: Testimonal Page
- Tim "The Ripper" Owens listened to the podcasts of the John Lane show April/May 2013. Tim was the lead singer of Judas Priest and Iced Earth. Tim is currently the lead singer for multiple bands!
- Both the Pennsylvania Rock Show, as well as some artists that have been featured on the show, have been approached by several major AnR representatives from Universal Music, Universal Republic Records, Interscope, and TME Recordings after their appearances on the show!
- Members of the Def Leppard Road Crew
- Members of the Tesla Road Crew
- The Legendary Electric Ladyland Studio
- The Record Plant
- Chris Robinson and Sven Pipien of The Black Crowes
- Actress: Kate Hudson
- Terry of The Lex and Terry Morning Show Network
- Members of the Aerosmith Road Crew 11-25-05
- Members of the Lenny Kravitz Road Crew 11-25-05
Some bands that have played the show have been offered and/or signed production agreements with local producers. Some bands have been finalist to play the 2006 Rolling Rock Town Fair, after being contacted by them and asked to supply a list of bands to check out. Some of the musicians on the show, have been used as session players. Other live guests have also hooked up with similar bands on the playlist to play shows together. On many occasions, major record labels and signed artists to local radio stations and syndicated radio DJs have been tuned into the show. (see the Famous Listener page and the About the Show page) It takes many small steps to travel long distances, if PARS is one of those small steps, then great.
- Show and Venue networking
- SickleEye signed a production agreement and publishing deal after being heard on our show
- (kaj) and Big With Seed both got played on WDVE after we sent their information to the station
- (kaj) got airplay on the Lex and Terry Show (FM Syndicated show) after being heard on PARS
- Many Wild Mountain Radio listeners have stated that PARS is the #1 reason for listening!
- Bringing together musicians to help raise money for the Leechburg Volunteer Firemen at Wildwater Motorcyclefest
- Helping cancer victims by being a part of the Rock For Life, Inc annual concert committee