What: The Pennsylvania Rock Show is a online radio show/podcast/FM program that features a studio guest and is full of songs from the best unsigned bands Pennsylvania has to offer. It airs the first Sunday of every month on Megarock Radio on both their internet radio and FM station in St. Louis. The show is DJ’ed by Bill Domiano of the Alle-Kiski Music Scene. The show includes a segment called “Get Outta Town” (Sponsored byTotal Music & Entertainment), that plays 3 songs from bands outside of PA, which has proved the show’s popularity, as bands from all over the world are submitting material and coming to town to be interviewed. Bill makes every effort possible to ensure every band is heard and feels right at home when they come to visit. Another segment is the AK Music Scene Concert Calendar brought to you by Entertainment. The show and past podcasts can be heard 24/7 on our website! The Pennsylvania Rock Show creates an avenue for worldwide exposure for which otherwise bands would not have any outlets other than a local bar or party. Don’t take our word for it, check out the newspapers and testimonials.
- The Pennsylvania Rock Show releases a new show the first Friday of every month at 8pm EST.
- The full radio show version airs on MegaRockRadio.net & KFGD 107.1 FM St. Louis PARS the first Sunday of each month at 10:00am EST
- The full radio show can also be heard 24/7 on our website by pressing play on our media player at the bottom of the website.
We had a blast!
Recently SickleEye went on a road trip to Pittsburgh to be guests on the “PA Rock Show,” an internet based radio show hosted by Bill Domiano that showcases the “indie” rock scene in Pennsylvania. They did an on air interview and played a couple of their tunes live and un-plugged in the studio. “Playing un-plugged was a bit of a stretch for hard and heavy rockers like us, but I think we did ok. The main thing is, the tunes we chose for the show translated very well into an acoustic format,” said bassist Joe Hudson. “We had a blast,” said vocalist Sam Hudson. “Bill, Kelly, and the gang made us feel very comfortable and right at home. I hope we do it again sometime
continues to be a great resource indefinitely!
I have a passion for discovering good new music before the rest of the world. One of the coolest ways I do that is by tuning into the PA Rock Show. I love listening to the interviews and hearing about who is rising through our scene. It’s amazing that this show has been at it for as long as it has and I hope that it continues to be a great resource indefinitely!
Do you have a band? and ARE YOU CRAZY!!!???
If you have a band and you are not taking advantage of Bill Domiano and The PA Rock Show, YOU ARE CRAZY!! Local bands are very lucky to have someone so dedicated to promoting the music scene in Western Pennsylvania. Bill Domiano has a long history of helping bands and promoting shows.
I know from experience, as a musician, it’s very hard to find people to help you, that you can trust. I have known Bill for many years. He is honest and he truly cares about our local bands and our music scene. Bill has an obvious passion for local music.
I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Bill on the book I wrote: The Band Book – Secrets, Tips and Tricks to Make Any Band Successful! Bill is a great interviewer and is very knowledgeable about the music industry.
As a band member, we need all the help we can get!! Reach out to Bill and let him help you! If your band has a CD, send it to him! Bill loves getting new music to play on his radio show. Put together a band bio and a press release and get it to him today! What are you waiting for? Are you crazy??
I can always appreciate a
I can always appreciate a show that has passion in driving undiscovered rock bands! Moreover, one that puts the music first \m/ Thank you PA Rock Show!
find more: Testimonal Page
- Tim "The Ripper" Owens listened to the podcasts of the John Lane show April/May 2013. Tim was the lead singer of Judas Priest and Iced Earth. Tim is currently the lead singer for multiple bands!
- Both the Pennsylvania Rock Show, as well as some artists that have been featured on the show, have been approached by several major AnR representatives from Universal Music, Universal Republic Records, Interscope, and TME Recordings after their appearances on the show!
- Members of the Def Leppard Road Crew
- Members of the Tesla Road Crew
- The Legendary Electric Ladyland Studio
- The Record Plant
- Chris Robinson and Sven Pipien of The Black Crowes
- Actress: Kate Hudson
- Terry of The Lex and Terry Morning Show Network
- Members of the Aerosmith Road Crew 11-25-05
- Members of the Lenny Kravitz Road Crew 11-25-05
Some bands that have played the show have been offered and/or signed production agreements with local producers. Some bands have been finalist to play the 2006 Rolling Rock Town Fair, after being contacted by them and asked to supply a list of bands to check out. Some of the musicians on the show, have been used as session players. Other live guests have also hooked up with similar bands on the playlist to play shows together. On many occasions, major record labels and signed artists to local radio stations and syndicated radio DJs have been tuned into the show. (see the Famous Listener page and the About the Show page) It takes many small steps to travel long distances, if PARS is one of those small steps, then great.
- Show and Venue networking
- SickleEye signed a production agreement and publishing deal after being heard on our show
- (kaj) and Big With Seed both got played on WDVE after we sent their information to the station
- (kaj) got airplay on the Lex and Terry Show (FM Syndicated show) after being heard on PARS
- Many Wild Mountain Radio listeners have stated that PARS is the #1 reason for listening!
- Bringing together musicians to help raise money for the Leechburg Volunteer Firemen at Wildwater Motorcyclefest
- Helping cancer victims by being a part of the Rock For Life, Inc annual concert committee