Hell’s Oasis PARS470
Hell’s Oasis join Bill on episode 470 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show to discuss the band and talk about their track “Creature of the Night”.
Segment 1 with Hell’s Oasis
- With a band name like Hell’s Oasis, there has to be an interesting story behind it, can you share it with us? How did the band come together?
- You have been a part of a few different music scene’s including Austin Texas’. How would you compare the scene in Pittsburgh to the others that you’ve been involved in?
- How excited are you to be a part of Deutschtown Music Festival?
- You have a show tomorrow this Saturday at the 19th hole in Chippewa, what can you tell me about that show and are there any others that you’d like to mention?
- What can you tell me about your song “Creature of the Night“?
Segment 2 with Hell’s Oasis
- What is your dream gig? Who would you play with and where would it be?
- You mentioned that you were hoping to make it out to see some friends play tonight, who are you going to see?
- 50 years from now, what do you hope people remember about Hell’s Oasis?
- How can we get a copy of Hell’s Oasis’ music?
Who is Hell’s Oasis
Alexis and Ginger began making music together in the Live Music Capitol of the World, Austin, Texas. Their projects fused progressive rock with funk and punk. Now in Pittsburgh, PA, they’ve added trip-hop, singer-songwriter, and folk styles to their repertoire.
Alexis, born and raised in Pittsburgh, PA, grew up playing cello and piano. As a teen, he switched to the more portable guitar and jammed in New York City, then Austin, Texas.
Ginger began singing in church in a small Texas town at 7 years old. She studied voice in England, Dallas, and with the famed Marcy Lynne in Austin.